The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

READERS OF THIS BLOG, all ten of you, know that I try to keep this place as humorous as possible. I believe, as did the Preacher in Ecclesiastes, that there is no new thing under the sun, and that it's always best to give other people the benefit of the doubt and that we should all remember to laugh at the absurdities of humanity. Sometimes, however, this is not really possible. Over on Indymedia, which I read even though I disagree politically with almost everything I read there, several commenters could not wait to piss on Pat Tillman's grave. The insults began with dumb jock and proceeded to get worse. I will not recount what was said; people can go to Indymedia and read for themselves; but let me make my position on this clear: Pat Tillman was an American hero, and the hateful scum trying to mock his life, his service, his death, and his memory are despicable bastards.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home