The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Friday, April 16, 2004

DUTCHESS COUNTY now has air as polluted as New York City's, according to the Poughkeepsie Journal. This is neither here nor there for you folks, but I havent been able to think of anything to write for quite a spell now and I figured I'd just write about something, anything, to see if I could pull something funny out of it. I havent had any luck really; I suppose I should care that the air I breathe is as bad as the city's but it doesnt really. When its as bad as Mexico City's air then I'll have something to say but at the moment apathy is rearing its ugly rear. In other news, a fellow here in town is under arrest for trying to shoot himself in the head; he failed and is now in the Dutchess County Jail. The director of the local public library will wear any company's t shirt on her morning walk in order to get money for the construction of a new library. The free advertising will cost donors $25 per walk, and I'm sure someone will eventually figure out how many t shirts she will have to wear in order to get the 10 million dollars needed for a new library. The news that IBM had a good quarter is also cheering everyone in our happy little burg, Dutchess County being a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of IBM. And the sun is shining and the forsythia are in bloom; spring is in the air, as is the pollen. Hay fever season is here again, dammit.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home