The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

The wave


Yes, my mood has improved greatly over the course of the past twenty-four hours, although I’m not sure why that is, he said lying through his teeth, and thank you for asking.  It’s as if a great wave has washed over me and swept away a multitude of things that annoyed the hell out of me and now I feel clean and refreshed.  Of course, the biggest annoyance of all is still with us and will be until winter of 2017, at which I am seriously considering throwing a humongous party complete with liquor and strippers to celebrate the glorious occasion.  I think it’s a wonderful idea, although my brother tells me that I should make the celebration contingent on no one pretending to come from Westchester coming by to cast a pall on the whole affair.  This strikes me as very sound advice and so I will hold off the actual planning of the annoyance’s retirement until such time that I know it can’t continue to annoy me

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

|
<

4 Comments:

  • At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're right to hold on on jubilation.
    Professor, too, is not in rapture: he calls it "Emotionally Satisfying, But Practically Fraught"
    http://streetwiseprofessor.com/?p=8902

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Dick Stanley said…

    Well, you still have Cuomo, right? He must be pretty annoying, akin to Abortion Barbie bcoming governor of Texas.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Akaky said…

    Yes, we do, and yes, he is, but we of the Vampire State understand that crooks, bums, louts, and nepotists, assuming that's even a word, are the basis of our governing class and so are inured to some degree with the Albany reign of misrule, malfeasance, and peculation. We should do something about this, but the rules here are stacked in favor of said crooks, bums, louts, and nepotists, and so very little ever gets done about it. Every once in a while, a grand jury indicts one or another of these clowns when their looting gets especially egregious, but in the main the more things change here, the more they stay the same.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said…

    "complete with liquor"... consider my flabber gasted. I have to live to see it now. And to see you, Akaky, imbibe some of it, surely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home