The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Juries and other problems



I know I shouldn’t celebrate getting out of jury duty; the right to a trial by a fair and impartial jury of my peers is a fundamental constitutional right and as such is certainly not something I should shirk simply because the exercise of that right causes me some minor inconvenience. On the other hand, jury duty is a pain in the ass that I would just as soon skip and now I can. Technically, I am still in this week’s jury pool, but they’ve already gone past my number and I am pretty sure this means that this particular problem has gone the way of all flesh. Yay!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

|
<

4 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said…

    I have to confess that the combination of that picture and the words "jury duty" created in my puny brain... er... what do they call it.. cognitive dissonance? Resonance? Some kinds of nance, anyway.

    How is that new hip behaving?
    Take care.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Akaky said…

    The hip? Not too bad, all in all

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said…

    Good to hear. Hope new posts will follow then.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Dick Stanley said…

    Nice dots. And under them, too. No need to sweat jury duty. They find you have more than a high school degree and you're cut immediately. Jury of our peers, pshaw.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home