The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's over, folks, get used to it...



Someone here in the egregious mold pit brought the subject up in the context of a matter that I will not bore you with, and I had to ask about it, being unfamiliar with the concept of a Honey Boo Boo.  At first, I thought that my interlocutor was joking; American civilization could not have sunk to such a level without my noticing the descent, and that a honey boo boo was probably the name of Yogi Bear’s sidekick’s girlfriend or a slang term for a man who insults his wife in front of his mistress. But no, there is such a creature as Honey Boo Boo, and yes, there are people who want to watch her and her family on television. I know I should not read too much into this sort of thing, but I have a hard time convincing myself that the end of Western civilization is not at hand.

Labels: , , ,

|
<

1 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said…

    Honey Boo Boo and her mom certainly seem to belong to a dominant strain that will take over eventually. Let's all get used to it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home