The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." " is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's over, folks, get used to it...

Someone here in the egregious mold pit brought the subject up in the context of a matter that I will not bore you with, and I had to ask about it, being unfamiliar with the concept of a Honey Boo Boo.  At first, I thought that my interlocutor was joking; American civilization could not have sunk to such a level without my noticing the descent, and that a honey boo boo was probably the name of Yogi Bear’s sidekick’s girlfriend or a slang term for a man who insults his wife in front of his mistress. But no, there is such a creature as Honey Boo Boo, and yes, there are people who want to watch her and her family on television. I know I should not read too much into this sort of thing, but I have a hard time convincing myself that the end of Western civilization is not at hand.

Labels: , , ,



  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said…

    Honey Boo Boo and her mom certainly seem to belong to a dominant strain that will take over eventually. Let's all get used to it.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home