The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Clint Eastwood is a doddering old fool who embarrassed himself in Tampa the other night. I know this because all the talking heads on television tell me so. This is strange, or at least I think so, because I saw Clint's speech, and the empty chair, and I thought it the funniest bit of political satire I'd seen in quite a while. How better to sum up the former junior senator from Illinois' entire four years in office than with an empty chair? The supposed leader of the Free World, as opposed to the actual leader of the Free World, who would be Binyamin Netanyahu, has spent four years proving that he is Ogden Nash's man who wasn't there. Clint blew on the dog whistle like Joshua blew on the trumpet at Jericho, and all the dogs heard it. I'm surprised that the pundits didn't hear the whistle too; they're always telling us they can, but I suspect that they may be stretching the truth a little there.

Labels: , , ,

|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home