The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cookies and what to do with them



I don’t know how you look at it, but I think it shows just how hopelessly square and out of touch I am with today’s modern postindustrial society that in this era of do as you please and let it all hang out my idea of sensual excess is a large chocolate chip cookie with organic walnuts.  I usually spit the walnuts out; I don’t care for walnuts, organic or not; but I spit them out with a certain devil may care attitude that belies my dull bourgeois appearance and gives a tantalizing look at the dull bourgeois soul that undergirds this dull bourgeois appearance. 

Labels: , , , ,

|
<

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home