The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Friday, March 30, 2007

Rosie O’Donnell is a lot smarter than I am; I, after all, have to work for a living, whereas ABC pays her a whole lot of money for sitting around a table and gabbing with her friends every day, something my mother and her friends do all the time for nothing. Since she is so much more intelligent than I, when she says I should do something, I’ll go give it a whack and see what happens. So it was with her recent pronouncement about the Iranian kidnapping of those British sailors. She said that the Viewing audience should Google the Gulf of Tonkin, and so I did. Having done so, however, I find that this is confusing me no end. The Gulf of Tonkin incident never really happened; even Lyndon Johnson said privately that the Navy was probably shooting at flying fish, which is a good thing, I think, given that species’ violent inclination towards radical collectivism and Marxist economics. So, is Rosie saying that the Iranians didn’t kidnap those British sailors, even though the Iranians have been plastering their faces all over television for the past couple of days, or is she saying that the Iranians are the dupes of Karl Rove and are precipitating this crisis in order to get our minds off the removal of some U. S. Attorneys? I am not sure what to think here.

Labels: , , , ,

|
<

2 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Joseph said…

    Maybe it is a Gulf of Tonkin incident ... as far as Iran is concerned. Maybe the alleged incursion that led to the capture is something somebody in Iran just made up.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Dick Stanley said…

    Rosie O'Dim would be a better name for her. She also thinks 9/11 was a conspiracy. Amazing how these Hollywood types figure the rest of us can't wait to hear their opinions on everything besides acting, or, in her case, humor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home