The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Monday, February 19, 2007

Gratitude, of course, is the most fleeting of emotions, as you may know. Take, for example, the seagull to the left. Here I am, making this bird a star in the blogosphere, and what was its thanks for my efforts and the popcorn I bought to get him/her/it down into camera range? The bird took my popcorn and promptly shat all over my shoes. This is the thanks I get, and frankly, it serves me right, I think. Seagulls, for all their aerial grace, are extremely filthy birds with disgusting personal habits. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to discover that this bird is probably a liberal, or even worse, a Red Sox fan.

Labels: , , ,

|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home