The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Saturday, January 20, 2007

APOLOGIES: Blogger has been after me, and probably you as well, for quite a while to switch over to their new way of doing things. This being a working weekend (an unfortunate event that occurs once every six weeks), I decided to go ahead and give the thing a try and see how I like it. I am happy to report that the switchover did not involve any complications and no animals were harmed during the making of this switch.

What I am not so happy to report is this: I have had the Blogger commenting program installed on these computer for quite some time now, but as the counter always said 0 comments, I thought that no one was using Blogger for comments and consequently I never bothered to take a look and see what was actually in there. With this new Blogger program, I can see that a good many of you have indeed commented here; posts I thought were failures because no one said anything about them turn out to have generated veritable scads--well, maybe not scads, but more than I thought--of comments. If you are one of those commenters, I just want you to know that I am very sorry for not responding to your post and I thank you for coming here and reading The Passing Parade; in short, I was not ignoring you, I just didnt know that I had a commenting problem until this upgrade showed me the error of my ways. But now that I have the new Blogger/Google upgrade on my computer I am sure that this problem will not happen again. Once again, to all of you who thought I was giving you the cold shoulder, my profoundest apologies. As for the children's librarian's new breasts, this is a personal topic, and one I would feel uncomfortable going into any great detail about unless she said it was okay with her.

UPDATE: Again, my apologies; I am now reasonably certain that I have turned the comment moderation off and that you may use Blogger's commenting system to your heart's content. I will now go and get myself fitted for a suit of sackcloth and ashes.
|
<

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Dick Stanley said…

    And I finally figured out how to use blogger comments, although I will also use the Haloscan ones, just in case. No comment on the new breasts? Alas. Well, I hope they were for cosmetic, as opposed to medical, purposes, so to speak.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home