The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

TURKEY AND ALL THE TRIMMINGS: Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in our happy little burg, just as it is Thanksgiving everywhere else throughout the length and breadth of this our Great Republic, and I suppose I would be properly thankful for the many blessings the Almighty has bestowed on me this past year if only I could find some way of convincing my relatives not to show up for Thanksgiving dinner. The reasons I’ve given so far don’t seem to be working very well; the number of Taliban fighters, dyslexic left handed accordion-playing Albanian neo-Nazi midgets, and divorced Lithuanian lesbian Stalinists in the last throes of Ebola fever in this neck of the woods is shockingly small, unfortunately, and so no one believed me when I told them they couldn’t come because swarms of all the aforementioned were infesting every nook and cranny of my home. Clearly, I will need to find some better rationales next year, but I fear that this year I am stuck with the relatives.

In any case, I am properly thankful for all of you who come and enjoy The Passing Parade, and I wish I could bat these things out at a much faster rate than I do; I know looking at the same thing over and over again must get annoying for you. So, a Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and for those of you who do not celebrate Thanksgiving, enjoy your Thursday anyway.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home