The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

LAZINESS, SLOTH, AND THE POLITICAL DEAD: I’ve been thinking that my being on vacation shouldn’t prevent me from adding a post or two to The Passing Parade. I don’t have anything else to do, so why shouldn’t I invest some time and write something for the blog, I thought. I promptly suppressed this thought; in fact, I dropped a dime on it to the FBI and now this loathsome corrupter of vacations is on its way to Guantanamo, which is sunny and warm and where he’ll get three hots and a cot for as long as Dubya says so…maybe this wasn’t such a bright idea, after all, now that I think about it. In any case, the local newspaper of record, a rag that traces its journalistic pedigree back to the 1780’s, has conducted a study, yes, indeed they have, they have conducted a study. These dolts lost my father’s obituary and their website is a mass of electronic dog flop, but they have the resources to conduct a study of the voter rolls here in the Vampire State. It should come as no surprise to anyone who is a long time student of politics here that the local newspaper of record discovered, to its shock, horror, and chagrin, that there are large numbers of dead people still on the voting rolls and that many of these people are still active in our state’s political life. Personally, I see no reason why the dead should be deprived of their civil rights simply because of a permanent lack of life skills, but then that’s just my opinion. I was going to write something about this report, but the more I read, the more familiar the whole thing seemed to me. Upon further checking, I find that I have commented on this phenomenon before, and so instead of thinking of something new to say about the matter this link should send you over to my previous post* in no time at all. Other than that, the vacation has been going nicely so far; the weather’s been nice and I just love raking all of those goddam leaves up. Ah well, into every life a little leaf must fall, I guess.

*As this link will not bring you directly to the post, just click the link and scroll down towards the bottom of the page to Elections and the Dead. Thank you for your cooperation.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home