The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Monday, November 06, 2006

BEARDS: The thing of it is, of course, that once the doctor squirts those drops into your eyes you're going to have pupils the size of damn bowling balls for the rest of the day and the whole world is going to look like someone just pulled the lampshade off the sun, which is what's going on with me at the moment. I still need bifocals, just like he said last year, and I am still too cheap to actually spend the money to get them, just like last year, but other than that, the eyes are fine. This is the last day of my vacation, and this leads to an interesting question: do I shave the ten days worth of beard I have now, or do I continue with the great experiment? Looking like Rutherford B. Hayes is not in the cards, but I've often thought I wouldn't look that bad with a Ulysses S. Grant beard. I'm just wondering if I should keep doing this. Please feel free to chime in with your opinion; the polls on the beards close at 9 pm EST. Thank you for your cooperation.
|
<

3 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beards are definitely coming back in style... especially those long. Hasidic-looking ones.

     
  • At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Probably late because of some other polls that have been distracting me. I've had a beard for about 35 years so I'm fur 'em.

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Deepa said…

    A photograph would help enormously, so I could actually give you an informed opinion!

    Cheers, and keep blogging,

    - Deepa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home