The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Friday, November 24, 2006

LUCK BE A LADY: Well, it’s the day after Thanksgiving and I am one lucky duck, I have to tell you. Here I am, stuck in this egregious mold pit and thinking what a moron I was for not putting in for a day off today, and then I open my email, and guess what? I have won the Irish, UK, South African, Nigerian, and Philippine national lotteries, all on the same day! It’s truly mind boggling how that happened, given that I didn’t buy any tickets for any of these worthy enterprises. It’s just my lucky day, I guess, although I still think having to send these folks my credit card information and Social Security information goes a long way to proving my heartfelt contention that most government run operations are inherently inefficient. Still, now that I can afford that Leica MP3 rangefinder camera with a super fast 50mm lens that I’ve always wanted, life can only get better and better. Oh frabjous day, callooh, callay, I chortled in my joy.
|
<

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy thanksgiving (belated) and well done on your amazing multi national lottery win ! Please send me some money immediately - in fact with so much money, you could send all your loyal readers some !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home