The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

JUST WONDERING: I know I shouldn’t complain; lots of people have things a lot worse than I do; but I am starting to wonder whether or not I should continue with this whole blogging venture. The Truth Laid Bear, before whose omniscient wisdom all the blogosphere trembles in holy awe, has my rankings plummeting downwards faster than George W. Bush’s approval ratings at an anti-war rally—I am now down into the 7,000 range after I don’t know how long in the 6,000’s, and the worm of doubt has finally turned and caused me to ask myself, do I want to keep doing this? The worm of doubt also wants me to buy a new car, but gas being the price it is these days the worm will have to get along in my six year old Ford just like the rest of me. It’s just that I can’t write anything these days without it sounding like something I’ve already written and I don’t want to bore myself or the readers, either. So I will give this some more thought and let you know one way or the other.
|
<

2 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Neil said…

    I've had the same thought as you. What's the real point of blogging -- unless you're doing so sort of political blogging that might get you a gig on a newspaper or something?

    I'm sure you have plenty to talk about. You seem like the type of guy who always has something going on in your head. What if you tried for quantity sometimes rather than your usual quality? That's what I do -- stick a photo up there and make some comment about it. In my short experience, it is always my dumbest posts that get the most comments. Maybe it gives the reader more feeling of their own input.

    As for losing readers -- I didn't peg you as the type of person who cared too much about a bigger readership, but a big part of that is commenting on other sites. I notice that if I don't comment anywhere for a few days, my stats are halved. But then again, who wants to make blogging a part-time job?

    I vote that you continue -- for selfish reasons... the blogosphere wouldn't be the same without you.

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger miriam said…

    Please, please don't stop. We love you.

    My numbers are down too, but you don't hear me whine. Much.

    How else are we going to keep up with activities in the egregious mold pit?

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home