The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Friday, October 07, 2005

THE TIGMEISTER:


I have been tigged by the Pedant-General, no less, for this particular meme. Now, I am old enough to remember the days when tigging was a respectable profession open to a good many intelligent lower class lads; proud parents boasted of having their boys tigged back then, and often took pictures of the process; there's many a proud picture of a tigged boy standing with his parents in front of the old alma mater back in the day, but with the coming of the 1960's and the whole do your own thing mindset tigging became something vaguely louche and unacceptable, by slow degrees becoming the intellectual slough of despond it is today.

I do not have pictures of where I blog; I do have a picture of a desk with a rough draft of something on it, but nothing of the place where I actually write these things or of the computer with which I inflict these screeds upon an unwilling world. I do not own a computer of my own; I have an electric pencil sharpener, which I thought a great advance in communications technology before the niece who knows everything worth knowing told me to stop being such a cheap bastard and buy a computer; and so I must use the computers here in this egregious mold pit to type up these teary missives. The process is fairly simple: I write the blog entries out by hand, adding or cutting as I go. I then type this stuff up, again editing as I go, and then edit again when I put it into Blogger. Posted by Picasa
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home