The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Saturday, July 09, 2005

A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR: I am going on vacation next week for two weeks so my postings, which are already pretty spotty to begin with, will become even more spotty. I blog at work, something I can get away with because I am not a linker constantly on the lookout for something new to link to, but an essayist of sorts, which sounds a lot like bragging now that I read it, but is more or less true. I write these things out first at home and then bring the text into the office and type it into the computer. I do this after working hours; as these bits don't, as a rule, go on for more than 1,500 words and as I'm a fairly good typist on the computer (hopeless on a typewriter, though) I can do them quickly and not feel like I'm goofing off on the library's time. In any case, as I won't be here (for the most part) there won't be a lot of additions to what I've already got here. I will be back on the 25th, just in time to complain about my birthday the following day, and to see how I, once a flappy bird, have sunk in the TTLB system back into the ranks of the cold-blooded. And no, I am not going anywhere interesting; this vacation will be spent in a series of doctors' offices for the annual monitoring of my already crappy health. With any degree of luck, the doctors will tell me that I will hold together for another year, God willing and the river don't rise.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home