The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Thursday, July 07, 2005

LONDON: I wrote this on 11 September 2004, but it more or less sums up how I feel about the scum that bombed London today and what should be done with them.


9/11: I could say something about the events of three years ago, but these three men sum up what I think we should be doing and what I hope we continue to do.

“Kill them, sir, kill every man!” Lt. Gen. Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson, CSA.

"The proper strategy consists in inflicting as many telling blows as possible on the enemy's army, and then causing the inhabitants so much suffering that they must long for peace, and force the government to demand it. The people must be left with nothing but their eyes to weep with over the war."
Lt. Gen. Philip Sheridan, USA.

"The only good Indians I ever saw were dead." Lt. Gen. Philip Sheridan, USA.

"War is upon us, none can deny it. It is not the choice of the Government of the United States, but of a faction; the Government was forced to accept the issue, or to submit to a degradation fatal and disgraceful to all the inhabitants. In accepting war, it should be 'pure and simple' as applied to belligerents. I would keep it so, till all traces of the war are effaced; til those who appealed to it are sick and tired of it, and come to the emblem of our nation, and sue for peace. I would not coax them, or even meet them half-way, but make them so sick of war that generations would pass away before they would again appeal to it." Lt. Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, USA.

This is how I felt about 9/11, about Bali and Madrid and now London as well. My apologies if you find the sentiments offensive, but it's how I feel.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home