The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Thursday, April 18, 2013

No, I am not dead yet... and other observations about stuff



...although I must admit that I am having increasingly hostile thoughts about my left leg.  I am not sure what I've ever done to it that the damn thing would go out of its way to cause me this much pain, and frankly, I don't care.  It's a leg, it's supposed to do leg stuff, assuming that leg stuff is a medical category. It is not supposed to make my life miserable, and I just want to say that I'm going to get even with the bastard if it's the last thing I ever do.  So, while I'm here, let me just say that I'm glad Mrs. Thatcher got the full state funeral; it gave her one last opportunity to be "divisive."  The usual knuckleheads were out protesting her, and it goes almost without saying that the usual knuckleheads are the people who think they are entitled to a free ride on other people's money, plus those whose bank on the free riders to keep them in beer and pretzels (i.e. liberal politicians.)  The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on. That the caravan moves on in a way that annoys the dogs even more is just an added bonus.  Not bad for a grocer's daughter, I think.



Labels: , , , ,

|
<

2 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said…

    Oh, Akaky, what we all will do with you? Maybe a change of climate, something closer to the tropics?

    Another venue I know will be difficult for you to explore is a sharp increase in alcohol intake. O'Henry had a recipe, I remember.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Akaky said…

    I would prefer not to embarrass myself and when I drink, I inevitably embarrass myself. As for the tropics, the tropics have mosquitoes, big ones, and they carry all manner of nasty diseases. Given that I've already got more diseases than I know what to do with, I think I'll stay where I am.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home