The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Hugo Chavez

Venezuela's Hugo Chavez is dead, and on the sixtieth anniversary of Josef Stalin's death to boot, which only goes to show you that while some people would rather be dead than Red and others would rather be Red than dead, there are those who can only be happy when they are both dead and Red.  I wish it were possible to convince more people to join the latter category; it would greatly limit the damage these clowns can cause while they are still living. Hugo Chavez, rest in...well, just rest.

UPDATE: Today I bought nine gallons of Citgo gas for the first time in many a year. Having wished that Chavez would just drop dead for so long, I think it's only right that I help pay for the funeral.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

|
<

7 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So what happened to Mr.RoachWhiskers, where did he go, to a waste basket?

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Akaky said…

    No, of course not; I wouldn't have asked unless I had something in mind for him. A few years back, I posted a long thing here about a toupee running away from its owner. I never really got past where I ended with that piece because I couldn't think of the next thing in the story. Now I have: our toupee's history of his life, from the mountains of Szechuan, assuming there are mountains there, through the Cultural Revolution, escape to Hong Kong and introduction to a life of crime, escaping a triad hit man to the stony bosom of the French Foreign Legion, desertion, and then hiding from les flics as a merkin at the Folies Bergere, where our hero gets life advice he can use from one I.V. Tarakanyusischev, Stalin's erstwhile mustache and now a fellow merkin at the Folies. All of which leads our hero to his life as a toupee, wherein he seeks to get in on the next big thing in American capitalism, which is only possible if he replaces the dumbass whose bald noggin he spends his days plopped on top of, a technocratic sort who cannot see a fantastic opportunity when it pokes him in the eye. Some people just don't have the vision thing, you know.

     
  • At 2:33 AM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said…

    Well, I repeat this each time a person of that ilk bites the dust: About dead only good. So: Caudillo is dead? Good.

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's downright TomWolfish, that outline. Except the old Mr. White Fetish would make a novel out of it.
    Or maybe a trilogy.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Akaky said…

    I am also having fun torturing the technocrat upon whose head the toupee rested. I think of this new thing as my Bunuel movie. I know Don Luis was an old Stalinist, but The discreet charm of the bourgeoisie did give me the idea for where I had to go next, so lefty or not, credit goes where credit is due.

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Getting more and more intriguing.
    I know, these things can't be rushed, but i do want to read it NOW.
    Count on me, dear Akaky Akakievich, for whatever outrageously Russian color you need.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Akaky said…

    I appreciate your wanting to read the thing NOW, Tat, but at the moment there's really nothing to read. I am just plugging away at the thing and hoping it develops into something. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home