The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Okay, it's halfway through June and noting new here. I suppose I should get on with it and think of something. It's not like there isn't a lot to write about, it's just a matter of working up the mental energy to sit down and get on with it. I wish to report, however, that I am thoroughly sunburned, which looks fairly unattractive on me; other people tan, I merely turn deep red and then start shedding skin like a snake. This is not a good thing, I think. For those interested in such minutiae, I went to an annual festival here in our happy little burg, which is always fun once you get past the didactic leftism of the vendors and the entertainment. All of the little kiddies had fun, though. And out happly little burg is awash in Puerto Rican flags these days; the Puerto Rican Day parade must be coming up soon.

UPDATE: Working on something now, boys and girls; it will be up soon.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: It's done; typing it up tonight and, barring major rewriting, it'll be up tomorrow.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

|
<

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home