The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Monday, December 19, 2005

IT'S A KIMLANCHE!!!: So I came into work this morning and checked the emails and did the other things I usually do when I come into work in the morning, including eating a small bag of pretzels and drinking my Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi and not doing anything terribly significant; one tries to avoid significance in the civil service, as it tends to make other civil servants mad at you. After all, once one civil servant does something significant then the public will expect other civil servants to do something equally significant, and then what would be the purpose of having a civil service in the first place? We might as well all go out and get real jobs.

In any case, I went to take a look at The Passing Parade and noticed something a bit odd; the hit counter was not working properly-it was something like 500 or so hits beyond where it was last night. And then I went to Statcounter.com, thinking I would have to call them and tell them that their program had obviously gone several different kinds of haywire, and then I saw that I am in the middle of a Kimlanche! So I am going to enjoy the ride while it lasts and I welcome all of you Other Side of Kim readers here to the parade. Look around, check out the archives; for those of you who like guns, deer hunting, and drinking there's a post about what happens when you do all three of those things back in the November 2004 archives; just where it is I dont remember, but it's there somewhere. Thanks to Kim for the kind words and I hope you all enjoy your stay. I going to miss that mountainous spike in my stat graph when all this is over. Ah well, such is life.
|
<

1 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You better hope Glenn R. doesn't link to you.
    Things like that might even blow your bandwidth, it did mine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home