The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Sunday, June 09, 2019

I should, really.


I should write more here. I haven't been writing much for a while, which is just a polite way of saying I haven't been writing anything at all for a while, except for checks to pay the bills. I wish I didn't have to do that, either, but I have as yet found it impossible to find any way to get electricity for my house without paying the local utility for it.  I don't know why I haven't been writing; there are certainly plenty of things to write about these days. There's the Mueller Report, for instance, and how its release has reduced a major American political party to the level of small children who didn't get a pony for Christmas. And there is the 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy, clearly one of the most important events of the 20th century. On the evening of 5 June 1944, German occupied Europe stretched from the Mediterranean to the Baltic, from the Black Sea to the Atlantic Ocean. On the evening of 5 June 1945, Nazi Germany had been dead for almost a month.  Obviously something worth writing about occurred between those two dates. Or I could write about the good economic news that we never hear about because no one else wants to write about it. And then there is the possibility that robot sex slaves will take over the commercial vice industry in this country. I haven't given that last one much thought as yet, but as the market develops I think I will have to look into the matter and report on it. In the meantime, though, I think I will kick back and contemplate my choices here. I'll be back shortly....maybe.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home