The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Saturday, June 02, 2012

More lame excuses

Well, my pencil broke, which was one of Dorothy Parker's favorite excuses for not writing, and if it's good enough for Dottie then it's good enough for me. On the other hand, she was better at writing than I am, so I guess I should either come up with an excuse of my own or think of a much better one than the pencil broke. It's been a slow month, folks, and I do have something on the griddle; it's just taking much longer than I thought to finish the damn thing. Life, as it is wont to do, tends to get in the way.  But something is in the works, that I promise. I just can't promise when it'll get here.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home