The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

EXCUSES, EXCUSES: My apologies for the prolonged absence, folks, but I have been writing something for the first print edition of an online magazine and trying to think of captions, and so my mind has been elsewhere the past few weeks. I do not write great captions, unfortunately, and as these captions are going into a book of photos about the Green Line in Cyprus, they can’t be the usual wisenheimer stuff I put underneath my own pictures. And the weather’s been outlandishly awful here in the Northeast corner of this our Great Republic and I don’t write well when I am physically uncomfortable. Now that I am done annoying you with my many excuses for why I’ve put nothing new up, I just want you to know that I am working on something that I hope to have here fairly soon, weather and captions permitting.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home