The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

AND SO: I should write something here, but I don't have anything written out and so I am just aimlessly slapping words down here left, right, and center with no real thought, just slapping them puppies down and hoping that sooner or later I get an idea for something. Yes, I am in a dry spell here, one of those awful periods of time in which I have no ideas for essays and all I can think of is the eggplant parmigiana I will have for supper when I finally leave here at eight tonight. Cheese, as it is wont to do, brings up something I heard yesterday at the deli where I usually get my lunch; a woman called in and ordered the meatball parmigiana hero with cheese, thereby causing a moment of cognitive dissonance for everyone in the deli. But other than that, I don't have any fresh ideas at the moment, so my apologies for not posting and wasting your time; I'm sure you didn't come here to listen to me kvetch. Maybe tomorrow or the next day I'll have something.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home