The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Thursday, August 11, 2005

JUST A THOUGHT: I am sitting here looking out my window at the comings and goings on Main Street, and if I had a buck for everyone who has gone by my window dragging their backside around because of the heat and humidity today I could retire tomorrow. We are currently in our fourth day of hazy, hot, and humid, and the thunderstorms the weathermen predicted would break the heat have not arrived or have decided to go on vacation elsewhere. I am sure that most meteorologists are nice people, but on the whole I wish they were in another line of work, as this one does not seem to be agreeing with them; if they picked horses the way they pick the weather they'd all be broke now.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home