The Passing Parade: Cheap Shots from a Drive By Mind

"...difficile est saturam non scribere. Nam quis iniquae tam patiens urbis, tam ferreus, ut teneat se..." "...it is hard not to write Satire. For who is so tolerant of the unjust City, so steeled, that he can restrain himself... Juvenal, The Satires (1.30-32) akakyakakyevich@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

HOW DRY I AM: Well, this happens every so often, especially when you provide your own content: the tank runs dry and you run out of things to say. Granted, you'd think that with so many things to poke fun at that you could spend a lifetime writing and still not get around to everyone who deserves a good jab. You'd think so, but you would be wrong. Life would be a lot easier if I spent the day linking to what other people have written, but I prefer writing my own stuff, whenever possible. I’ve got a couple of ideas, but nothing is really gelling into a piece at the moment. So, until I can think of something of my own, here’s a link to one my favorite essays by Benjamin Franklin, the classic Fart Proudly. Maybe I’ll recycle some of my older pieces as well. I hope the dry patch will be over soon and I’ll have something new before Christmas.
|
<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home